Friday, April 21, 2006

Keeping up

Let it be known that if you request a copy of your medical file from Peace Corps, it should only take a week, not a month. I requested mine a month ago and have been waiting and waiting and waiting (Peace Corps does value patience you see) until I just couldn't take it anymore. I called them up, and it turns out my letter of request got lost in the mail! So I faxed another request as soon as I found that out, and the copy of my file should be here by next week.
Other than that, I got to see two of the other volunteers from my group this week. One of them is making his rounds around the country visiting friends and family, the other lives just a couple hours from here. It was great to see them again. Different too. I'd heard that it was strange to see people in the US that you had gotten to know in the context of Peace Corps in another country, but it wasn't as strange as I was thinking it might be. We exchanged "war stories" about Bangladesh some, but seemed to have plenty of other things to talk about as well. It was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home