Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Skype

I just found out about this program that I think may come in very handy. It's called "Skype," and it's a program that lets you talk online for free. It's like a phone, but uses the internet and computers instead. I'm not sure how much interent access I will have, but it's worth a shot, so I signed up for it. If anyone would like to "call" me, all you have to do is download the program at www.skype.com and look me up. My user name is magic4real. Hope to hear from you!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathryn - As your mother, I'm excited, nervous, proud ... a whole gamut of emotions. The first time you left for Europe for a whole year, I thought you'd get the wanderlust out of your system. Now I see that it just sparked a lifelong quest for travel and adventure. You're undertaking the dream I wish I'd had the courage to pursue when I was your age. I'm more proud of you than words can say. Love, Mom

 
At Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathyrn,
I think that AOL's instant messanger also offers audio connections. It is sure worth a shot no matter what service you use. I have used it with iChat on an apple and through sametime and work and I would liken it to talking on a two-way radio instead of a phone. Though I think that it might be different if I would have had a headset. What do I know though?

 
At Monday, August 08, 2005 9:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's worth noting that for a small fee, Skype can be configured to call 'real' phone numbers. Depending on your level of broadband access in Bangladesh, it could be a very inexpensive way to call home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home